Always in development.
accompl.sh is a site that lets users create and track a list of 101 goals they would like to complete in 365 days. It's a twist on new year's resolutions. It began as a way for me to automate my own 101in365 (the project's original name) and over the course of a weekend turned into a multi-user site with over 500 lists created in its first month.
Spoondate is a project I developed along with my team at Women 2.0 Labs in San Francisco. The site aims to connect people with similar taste profiles for a meal at a place that will suit both of their preferences. It is currently still in development, but the landing page design reflects the learnings of the first few iterations and aims to accomplish two goals: increase beta sign-ups and increase the number of fans/followers on our Facebook and Twitter streams.
This is a mockup I did for a redesign of The Cornell Daily Sun website. I challenged myself to come up with a design that was clean with a good amount of whitespace, but that still incorporated all of the necessary elements from the existing site. It was done completely for my own amusement, so I don't expect it to be coded into a live site anytime soon! Click on the thumb for a life-sized version.
After graduating from college, I took off on a 6-week backpacking adventure through Europe. As a web geek, I, of course, kept a journal of my experiences which will soon be combined with my photos from the trip in the form of a Blurb book. The goal of this site wasn't a nice design or the latest gadgets and interactions. I mainly wanted a place to collect my thoughts for friends and family to read while I was away. In fact, I used a pre-built theme and just changed the colors a bit and added in a little link at the top to my current location. Simple.
This is a prototype of a site still in development for a friend who is starting a cupcake business. It was my introduction to CSS3 and is the first site I've designed in a long while. In addition to developing the site, I also took all of the photos to accompany the pages. You can see the site here, though it's still in development.
This design was probably the most challenging in terms of style and texture as it is so different from my typical "style". The goal here was to develop a design that is appealing to the target demographic of "underground" or non-mainstream music enthusiasts. I have since redesigned the site to fit the changing needs of the blog. The new design was created to reflect a change in target demographic as well as to accommodate monetization and growth. (no longer updated)
I designed and maintained the Alan Quinn Orchestra site for about 5 years (2003-2008). This current design has been live since about 2005 and is due for a refresh, but it's still appealing to his customers, so that's all that really matters!
The design of my personal blog changes with my mood and occasionally with the seasons. It is generally very reflective of my personal design tastes. I enjoy bolder colors, clean lines and strong contrast. (no longer updated)
My challenge for the Slope Day 2007 website was to create a design that goes along with the winning design from the Slope Day Poster Competition. 2007's poster was, as I affectionately call it when I need to be P.C., a "sherbet explosion." Thus, this design was born. I tried to keep the colors as calm as possible, but it wasn't easy! There are so many things I wish I could have done to make this site look better, but the color palette was not very forgiving! (Note: This site is no longer available.)